Gaining and mastering computer and application skills is part of your professional development, and acquiring this skill is the responsibility of the individual and their supervisor. Training in applications can be gained from on-line help and documentation, by attending training sessions from the vendor or other training providers, through participation in conferences and on-line webinars, or from others in your work area. Training costs are typically covered from the department budgets.
The Information Technology (IT) department is able to provide the following types of training assistance and support:
- An initial one-on-one orientation for full-time staff.
- Participation in student and faculty orientations.
- Links on the IT support website to free vendor computer-based training.
- Links to IT-purchased online training/webinars, and in-house developed or recorded training.
- Links on the IT support website to documentation on quick reference guides and in-house developed documentation.
- Demonstrations and documentation for new applications and services or major upgrades.